Listed below are some important doctors, facilities and other Ayurvedic resources. There are also many Ayurvedic practitioners throughout the United States and other countries not listed here. They can be found in many cities and small towns.
The following is a list of some Ayurvedic resources in the United States. Although by no means exhaustive, all on this list are reputable respected people or facilities providing Ayurvedic services, information, training, and products.
This is a list of many preeminent Ayurvedic doctors in the United States. Many are doctors, teachers, authors, pioneers, and leaders in bringing Ayurveda to the United States. All are exceptional experts with deep knowledge of Ayurveda medicine.
- Dr. Vasant Lad, Ayurvedic Institute, Albuquerque, NM, Dr. Lad’s Web Site
- Dr. Mark Halpern, California College of Ayurveda, Los Angeles, CA , California College of Ayurveda Web Site
- Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf, Fairfield, IA Dr. Lonsdorf Website
- Dr. Deepak Chopra, Chopra Center, Carlsbad, CA, a famous teacher with a network of practitioners who has done much to bring Ayurveda to the awareness of the general public. Chopra Center
- Dr. Kumuda Reddy, College Park, MD, a doctor and author on Ayurvedic medicine. Dr. Reddy’s Website
Major Ayurvedic Facilities
- The Raj, Fairfield, IA. The premier Ayurvedic spa and rejuvenation facility for the Ayurveda in the United States. The Raj
- Chopra Center, Carlsbad, CA. A health and training center operated by famous Ayurvedic doctor, Deepak Chopra. Chopra Center
- California College of Ayurveda, Nevada City, CA. One of the oldest and most respected training programs; it offers patient services as well. California College of Ayurveda
- The Ayurvedic Institute, Albuquerque, NM. The school of Dr. Vasant Lad is also a well known spa. The Ayurvedic Institute
- Blue Lotus Ayurveda, Asheville, NC. A provider of Ayurvedic services by Vishnu Dass, one of Dr. Lad’s students. Blue Lotus Ayurveda
- The Ayurvedic Center of Hawaii, Hanalei Resort, Kauai, a spa offered by Darci Frankel, another of Dr. Lad’s students. Ayurvedic Center of Hawaii
These websites provide great Ayurvedic resources for learning about Ayurveda.
- Maharishi Ayurveda Products International, Fairfield, IA. MAPI is the premier website for herbs and other Ayurvedic products. It has a wealth of articles and newsletter for learning about Ayurveda. MAPI
- American Institute of Vedic Studies run by David Frawley a noted Ayurvedic teacher and scholar, has
some good articles and resources. American Institute of Vedic Studies
The guiding principle of Ayurveda is that the mind exerts the deepest influence on the body and freedom from sickness depends upon contacting our own awareness, bringing into balance, and then extending that balance to the body.
Deepak Chopra, Perfect Health, Three Rivers Press, New York, 2000, p. 11.
Ayurveda Resources: Herbal and Health Products
These are some of the websites where quality Ayurveda products can be obtained:
- Maharishi Ayurveda Products International, Fairfield, IA. This is the premier website for herbs and other Ayurvedic resources and products. It has a wealth of articles and newsletter for learning about Ayurveda. MAPI
- Banyan Botanicals, Albuquerque, NM. The largest selection of USDA organic Ayurvedic herbs and on of the best Ayurvedic resources for information about herbs. Banyan Botanicals
- Ayurvedic Herbs Direct, Torrance, CA. This company has a huge selection of herbs and great detailed information on the herbs. Ayurvedic Herbs Direct